Downloading CalyxOS and installing it on a phone is easy ! Here is how you do it...
At this time we are actively supporting ten phone models:
- Google Pixel 2 ( code name walleye )
- Google Pixel 2 XL ( code name taimen )
- Google Pixel 3 ( code name blueline )
- Google Pixel 3 XL ( code name crosshatch )
- Google Pixel 3a ( code name sargo )
- Google Pixel 3a XL ( code name bonito )
- Google Pixel 4 ( code name flame )
- Google Pixel 4 XL ( code name coral )
- Google Pixel 4a ( code name sunfish )
- Xiaomi Mi A2 ( code name jasmine_sprout )
We are working on adding support for the below devices and builds will be available in the future:
- Google Pixel 5 ( code name redfin )
- Google Pixel 4a 5G ( code name bramble )
Here are links to factory install images for our currently supported phones:
Further down the road, we are trying to get CalyxOS running on even lower-cost phones in order to bring it within reach of many more people, since the Google Pixel phones are both fairly expensive and difficult to obtain in many countries.
If you want to try CalyxOS at this time the first thing you have to do is get one of our supported phones and then follow these installation directions
*Note: In the USA there are two variants of the Google Pixel phones: The Google unlocked version, and the Verizon one. The Verizon one is unfortunately locked in such a way (boot loader locked) that you cannot install another operating system on it. The only way to tell is to attempt to unlock the bootloader of the phone. If you can enable "OEM unlocking" then it's an unlocked version. If "OEM unlocking" is greyed out and not toggle-able then you have the Verizon version.